Apps built from Open Data Hub datasets¶
This section features a list of applications–and their descriptions–built using the Datasets that the Open Data Hub team makes available.
Applications are grouped according to their status in three categories:
- Experimental status, aka alpha stage, shown by the badge. Applications falling in this category are in the early stage of development, and might be for example, a proof of concept or the outcome of a hackathon. They might not be maintained or developed further and should not be considered mature enough to be deployed in a production environment.
- Development status, aka beta stage, shown by the badge. Application in beta stage are developed actively and might already be suitable for a production environment.
- Production status. These applications are already used in production environment.
If you are developing one application with the data provided by datasets of the Open Data Hub project, send an email with a short description, an email contact and its status and we’ll add it to the list.
Production Stage Apps¶
https://www.suedtirol.info. This portal is the official touristic site of the South Tyrol region. It uses the data extracted from the Datasets in the Tourism Domain to display events in the region of South Tyrol and other useful information to help tourists organise their holiday in South Tyrol. All information are available also for every region that composes South Tyrol, including historical remark and proposed taste itinerary.
Additionally, it is also possible to subscribe to the newsletter, to browse or search for events and points of interest. For most of the points of interest there are suggestions for hiking tracks or walks to reach them.
Hotel description and availability with options for booking are additional services offered by the site.
South Tyrol Guide, the official smartphone app for exploring and experiencing South Tyrol, available for both Android and iPhone mobile devices. This app offers all the functionalities of the above-mentioned web site, plus the ability to locate events, points of interest and the like near your current position.
Beta Stage Apps¶
- https://mobility.meran.eu. This web site is the first example of a Mobility-as-a-Service application; it includes real-time information of multiple mobility services, like public transportation, places of interests, car sharing services, parking lots, ans more.
- https://parking.bz.it. A web site that displays the real-tim parking availability of off-street parking lots in South Tyrol. On mobile devices, it can also show directions from your current position to the chosen parking lot.
- http://traffic.bz.it. Some streets in South Tyrol are monitored for real-time vehicular travel times; the data collected are used by this web site to show traffic slowdowns or jams.
- http://bus.bz.it. This web site shows the real-time positions of the buses managed by the public transport operator SASA. Urban or suburban bus lines can be shown, and for each bus can be shown the next few stops and an estimate of the arrival time.
- http://map.clean-roads.eu. One of the CLEAN-ROADS project outcomes, this web site shows real-time data of the meteorological stations that are situated along public streets.
Alpha Stage Apps¶
All the projects listed in this section have been built during various hackathons and must be considered as Experimental.